Monday, August 30, 2010

Cardiff Central Library

I spent part of mini-break in Cardiff, which is a lovely city. An hour or so before the train back to London left I decided to try to find some store in the shopping district and happened upon the Cardiff Central Library!

Granted, we've visited a number of public libraries over the course of July but Cardiff's is clearly brand new. Look at how snazzy it is! The roof has grass!

I didn't get to spend much time at the Central Library, having a train to catch, but I did poke around a bit. The first floor is a rather large children's library. I think having the children's library on the first floor is a great idea so parents don't have to drag the kids through the whole library. I remember being a kid and hating that the children's library was on the top floor. Also, the library holds 10,000 items in Welsh! The whole library seemed very user friendly, which I am going to chalk up to being so new and being able to take advantage of the most recent trends/findings in library research. I would love to be able to go back to the Cardiff Central Library and look around more because it seemed like one of the most well organized and intelligently designed public libraries I have ever been in. Plus the roof has grass!


Photo: http://static.businessreviewonline.com/brnewsitesimagesrootfilepath/File_root/Article/bdpdesigned_cardiff_central_library_scoops_rics_wales_award_100526/cardiff-central-library.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment